Weekly Wrap Up: It's Finally Spring
The weather this week was perfect spring weather. It was warm and beautiful. Unfortunately the inch worms are out in full force here. Despite that, we enjoyed the arrival of spring this week and participated in some of our local Come See Me festival events. We are also continuing along our path to hopefully finish up school the second week of May.
* Kathryne had her second volleyball game. She is doing a good job learning to serve and to return the ball.
* Rachel is still enjoying ballet. Her teacher was part of our Come See Me festival. She led a Kid Fit event at Glencairn Gardens, a beautiful local garden. We went on Tuesday and enjoyed the nice weather, and I attempted to take some pictures of the kids.
* As we finish up our study of the ancients in history, we've been enjoying the Drive Thru History episodes of Ancient Greece that a friend told me about on Netflix. After this unit we'll be finished with most of our book. We (at least I) have truly enjoyed Diana Waring's history curriculum this year.
* Kathryne won an award in our Come See Me festival. She won third place in the coloring contest for her age group. This meant a ceremony at the children's museum, a picture with Glen the Frog (our mascot), and a $5 gift card to Target.
* Today, Friday, the kids got to be guinea pigs for a project at a local community garden. Jason's mom helps with ministry to international students. She introduced me to a student who needed to conduct an interview with a mom of young children. The interview turned out to be about a local garden that I had never heard of. I expressed an interest in the garden, so today she invited the kids out for a game in the garden. They played Garden BINGO, and they looked for different plants around the garden. I learned how we can buy a plot for $20 and grow some produce with the help of master gardeners.
Next week will be the week of our church's Global Impact Week- a week every year that focuses on missionaries. As we have for several years now, the kids and I will be a part of taking care of the missionary kids during the week. We always look forward to this week and getting to know the kids of the missionaries and getting to see again the kids we've met in years past.
For more weekly wrap ups, visit Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.
Weekly Wrap Up: It's Finally Spring Reviewed by Leah Courtney on 9:58:00 PM Rating: