May 23, 2013- Important Things (About Parenting) I Didn't Learn in School
1. The idea that children might one day sleep through the night is only a myth. My oldest child is almost 14, and my youngest is almost 8; and I still am often woken up in the night. Nobody told me this would be the case. I assumed I would one day sleep again.
2. Six people don't sleep well in a hotel room made for four- especially when one of them coughs. All night. Really.
3. A 3 hour car trip takes 6 hours with 4 children.
4. Related to number 3- It is a fact that children will need to use the bathroom immediately after you've passed the last bathroom for 100 miles.
5. Turning the heat up really high because I want to cook something faster doesn't work.
6. Related to number 5- If some of the potatoes in a frying pan are burned, chances are the others taste burned.
7. A family picnic never turns out like the ones on t.v. In real life there are bugs. And bees. And without fail someone will spill something on the picnic blanket.
May 23, 2013- Important Things (About Parenting) I Didn't Learn in School Reviewed by Leah Courtney on 11:04:00 PM Rating: