2014: The Adventure Continues
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, you may be helping to support a voracious curriculum buying habit. Be warned. And thank you for clicking through to purchase.
"This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope The Lord’s loving kindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:21-23)
It's a new year. I love it. It's a fresh start, a chance to make changes, a time to make plans (I love plans).
As we head into the new year, here are some things I'm planning on and looking forward to in our home and school and here on the blog.
* I'm starting another round of reading through the Bible in 90 days. I posted about it here and gave a sign up form if you'd like to join me. I'd love to have a group who would like to read through with me.
* Another year of reviewing curricula is about to start up with the Review Crew. I'm totally looking forward to some great things to review and share about here on the blog.
* We are heading into our second semester of using My Father's World. I love this curricula and wish we had been doing it all along. I'm looking forward to what the rest of the year's plans hold.
* Kathryne will be finishing her first year of high school at the end of this school year. And, incredibly, Charles will be considered a high schooler next year. I am amazed that I will be homeschooling two high schoolers. And I'm still a little anxious about transcripts and testing and college plans.
* I've reviewed and tweaked some of our home and school schedules including our meal planning. Being able to reevaluate and tweak what needs to change is one of my favorite things about heading into the new year.
* This year I am increasing my affiliate connections. That means for me that I am going to be putting a little more work into my blog in the hopes of generating some income. For my readers, I hope it means that I can make you aware of great products and great sales and great deals.
* In just a week or so, I'll also be the parent of two teenagers. Charles turns 13 on January 12. I am praying and working on being an intentional parent, on making wise decisions and being thoughtful about the things we do or don't do. I'm planning a blog series for February to share what I'm learning about parenting teens.
* I'm looking forward to some great book reviews this year also. I share most of those on my Leah's Good Reads blog, but occasionally I link up here in a post about some of my favorite recent reads.
* This past year has held some major changes for me physically as I've begun eating gluten free. I've now been eating this way for about 8 months. I can tell a change in my fibromyalgia symptoms. Although I still have pain- and sometimes intense pain- I know that eating this way has helped. Jason and Kathryne have both joined me for different reasons. This year I am looking to continue to make changes in the way our family eats by reading more about clean eating and taking a close look at the foods I buy.
A new year gives us time to think and plan and make changes. What are your goals this new year?
This is a blog carnival, and you can read about others' goals by visiting some of the blogs below.
2014 - Love, Joy, Peace, Grace, and to Know Him Better by April E. @ ElCloud Homeschool: Busy Minds, Busy Hands, Busy Feet
Don't miss out. Subscribe by email to receive all of my posts. Subscribe to As We Walk Along the Road by Email
2014: The Adventure Continues Reviewed by Leah Courtney on 4:00:00 AM Rating: