The Other Stuff
- CTC Math- I'm almost afraid to say we've found a math curriculum that seems to be working for all of the kids. I'm afraid I'll jinx something. But by the end of this school year all four kids are using CTC math and doing well with it. I've reviewed CTC here, and I have another review of it coming up.
- My Father's World- I still love My Father's World for Bible, history, and literature. I'm using it again for my younger girls and for Kathryne's senior year of high school. I love the living books it uses and the cycling through the time periods of history. Ashlyne and Rachel will be covering ancient history this year while Kathryne covers modern American history.
- High school co-op- Kathryne loved the class she took at our local high school co-op. She's taking three classes through the co-op this coming year, and Charles is taking one. I'm also teaching a class because this helps me to pay for their classes.
- Extracurricular activities- We backed off this year of the amount of extracurricular activities we were involved in. It's been a very good decision. Charles is working now, so that has made more running back and forth with me, and the high school co-op adds running around time as well. We're not planning to add more activities this year except for the extra co-op classes.
- Chores- You'd think that in almost seventeen years of parenting, I'd have this whole chores thing figured out. But it's not so. I need to be more diligent about holding kids accountable for doing chores because I know that only be being accountable will they actually consistently accomplish their chores.
- Meal planning- Uggh. Can I just skip working on this on and just accept the fact that I don't cook? Maybe we could all become fruititarians and only eat apples and bananas?